1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 7:21 AM by the_wine_snob

Some of my jpg photos did not download from computer

jbartleman

Some of my .jpg photos will not download to Premiere/Photoshop Elements 9 from computer (Windows 8),  received error message:  "...type file not supported or the required codes not installed."   I downloaded files to my computer using Photoshop or Picasa 3.  Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Some of my jpg photos did not download from computer
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

JPEG's should Import just fine, provided that they are in RGB Color Mode. CMYK, not that common in JPEG's, will not.

With Still Images, there are some things to consider:

• The Color Mode, mentioned above - should be RGB
          • File resolution - pixel x pixel dimensions only - should be less than 4096 x 4096 pixels, and if one has many, then they should be Scaled in Photoshop, or similar, to no larger than 2000 x 1500 pixels, for an HD Project. What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of the problem JPEG's? See this article on Scaling Still Images: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2200755#2200755
          • It is possible that the files' header info is corrupt, or poorly written - if Photoshop will Open them, then PrE should be able to Import them. If PS cannot Open then, it will usually be because of the JPEG header info, and Opening them in a less-strict program, like IrfanView, and then just doing a Save_As JPEG, will work.

Good luck,

Hunt