• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing CS6 - "installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Adisor" Ado

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Adisor"

I downloaded Advisor and ran it but it found nothing wrong.

Any ideas why it won't install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Yes, this definitely works!  I was updating from old mac to new on sierra 10.12.5 and it wouldn't work from original disk (2012).  Downloaded dmg of Jan 2017 version of CS6 from Adobe (Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications ), and followed these instructions and it worked with no problems.  Hooray!  Doesn't it bother you the many apps will work on older or newer systems, but the creators won't tweak the installers to allow it? Adobe should have this solution pasted right next to the downlo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not have detected the error.  You can review your installation logs manually by following the process listed at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were not any logs pertaining to Creative suite 6 only for muse and cs3.

Any suggestions on installing? I'm running 10.6.8

My system is:

Model Name:iMac
  Model Identifier:iMac9,1
  Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:2.66 GHz
  Number Of Processors:1
  Total Number Of Cores:2
  L2 Cache:6 MB
  Memory:4 GB
  Bus Speed:1.07 GHz
  Boot ROM Version:IM91.008D.B08
  SMC Version (system):1.45f0
  Serial Number (system):QP93000V0TJ
  Hardware UUID:30E49143-FEE1-54B3-9659-6D7277B318E8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heidi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The first troubleshooting for this error is to update the Adobe Application Manager. Please install the latest version of Adobe Application manager from the below link and try to start the installation.

http://www.adobe.com/applicationmanagerpatch/index.html

Revert back if you are getting the same error.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually tried this earlier but it does not have the master collection as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you were able to install the Adobe Application Manager per Jairaj's directions?  Were you receiving the message, "The Installer failed to initialize when you were trying to install Creative Suite 6 from DVD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install from the download off of the Adobe site.

Adobe appplication manager installed fine it just doesn't have the master collection as a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct the Adobe Application Manager's installation options are designed for Creative Cloud subscribers.  Can you please try installing the software from the installation media or files you received with your order.  If you originally choose the download option then please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006208?tstart=0&promoid=KBHJQ for information on how to download your purchased software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to download the software...that is not the problem it is when I try and install it - It STILL returns the error -

"Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Adisor"

I downloaded Advisor and ran it but it found nothing wrong.

I have read every forum I can find on Adobe and there are not any install log files for CS6.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still receiving this error message when running the proper installation media then please remove all Adobe Creative Software and run the CS Cleaner Tool.  You can find details regarding the CS Cleaner Tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to remove my current CS3. Is this nessacary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be the best way to remove the Adobe Application Manager to allow you to reinstall.

Alternately you are welcome to contact our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this definitely works!  I was updating from old mac to new on sierra 10.12.5 and it wouldn't work from original disk (2012).  Downloaded dmg of Jan 2017 version of CS6 from Adobe (Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications ), and followed these instructions and it worked with no problems.  Hooray!  Doesn't it bother you the many apps will work on older or newer systems, but the creators won't tweak the installers to allow it? Adobe should have this solution pasted right next to the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines