5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2012 9:24 AM by John T Smith

HELP!

Momma2frustrated

How do you BURN a CD on "premiere elements 11"? I do NOT want a video. I want my pictures burned on a CD so I can print them.... I had elements 11 and the tech from Adobe told me that elements 11 does not allow you to burn CD. He told me I had to purchase the Premiere Elements 11 to burn. I downloaded it and still can't figure it out!! Ugg! Please help!

• 1. Re: HELP!
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, Momma2frustrated. Sorry you're having problems, but PRE has its own forum and you'll get more help with PRE questions there. I'll move this over there for you.

• 2. Re: HELP!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

There are many ways to burn a CD of Images, but it will depend on exactly what you want to do, before one can make a recommendation.

Here are two ways to do it, but your exact desires and needs, will dictate what you do:

• Animated SlideShow, where the Images are basically turned into a Video (not what I think you want, but here's what you get, and how to do it). The Still Images will be converted to Video. The exact steps can differ, as there are several ways to do it, but one would be to use the Elements Organizer, to create a SlideShow, and one can add Transitions, and Effects, then use Send to Premiere Elements, the Adobe Video-editing program, and there, one can do additional editing. Because Premiere Elements contains the ability to author (and burn to disc), this would be a one-stop choice. However, the resulting disc would not have the individual files, but a Video. I will not bore you with the details of that, as I do not believe that it is what you want. This would be to a DVD-Video, to be played on a computer, or a set-top DVD player.

• Next, when one has their Still Images on their computer, they can burn those Images (unchanged in any way, and in the exact format of the original Image files) to a CD, or DVD. This would be a CD-Data, or DVD-Data disc, and cannot really be played, but will contain the files, just as they existed on the computer - a Copy of those files, but on a removable disc. This is most easily accomplished by first arranging the files, into folders, or a single folder. Personally, I would create the folder, or folder structure, on my HDD (Hard Disk Drive), and then Copy the original Image files to it. This would allow me to arrange everything, per my needs, say a root folder, named "Images," with sub-folders, with say: "Birds," "Dogs," "Cats," etc. When that folder structure has all the Image Copies, that I want, I would use a disc burning utility, such as the great, free ImgBurn, to do the physical burn. It will handle blank writable media, such as CD, or DVD, or even Blu-ray Discs (BD). When done, and tested, just Delete that root folder ("Images" in this example), and all of the sub-folders and the files contained, will be cleared from the HDD, and the originals will be left totally alone, just where they were, when you made the Copies. Those discs cannot be played, but can be used, just like a portable external HDD, and those files (the Image files), can be Copied to another computer, can be Opened from the CD-Data, or DVD-Data disc, by programs, like Photoshop Elements. This is what I think that you want to do.

Good luck, and please let us know if that second method suits your needs.

Hunt

• 3. Re: HELP!
              whsprague Level 4

Bill Hunt pushed his "post" button before I did.  It appears he may have missed your statement of "my pictures burned on a CD so I can print them"

I hope I can help.  As near as I can tell, you have some photo files on your computer, you want to carry them somewhere on a CD, put them in a machine and then print them.  It appears you may have edited them in Photoshop Elements 11. 

The word "BURN" does not have a precise meaning.  It appears you want to "COPY" photo files to your optical disk drive with a CD in it.  You can do that within the operating system of your PC or Mac.  If it is a PC, use Windows Explorer.

The other way to do it is to open each photo in whatever program you used to edit them and do a "FILE, SAVE AS" and choose the drive where the CD is.

A third way to copy photos to a CD is with the "Organizer" that comes with the two Elements programs.  Select the photos and save copies to drive with the CD in it.

Depending on the computer, the files may be temporarily saved in memory somewhere.  When you prepare to eject the disk, do it from the computer, not the button on the drive.  The compurter has to "WRITE" ("BURN"? )the data to the CD disk.

• 4. Re: HELP!
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Or simply use the free program ImgBurn to copy the picture files to a disc. Don't involve Premiere Elements or any of the other Elements programs at all. You don't need to.

• 5. Re: HELP!
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Free http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download for Windows - send the author a donation if you like his program