Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Immediate Crashes

Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE is driving me crazy - hoping you wonderful folk can help ........................

I've tried installing it 4 times now (uninstalling after each failed attempt). It appears to download fine, the installation appears to work fine, ADE fires up, and then when I click on anything it crashes (first click it crashes every time, and whatever the menu etc is that I click on). There's no real error message, just "ADE encountered a problem and needs to close" and it offers to send a report.

Other details:

- I'm running XP, and downloaded with Firefox 17

- I've never used ADE before

- I've also tried rebooting the PC in between install, to no avail

Anyone know what I can do to get a robust install so I can start downloading paid-for ebooks?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you get an answer I have the same problem with XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a few issues with ADE 2.0 and reverted to the earlier 1.7.2.

I don't know if ADE2.0 has issues with XP, but it is worth trying 1.7.2 and seeing if it is any better for you..

Version 1.7.2 is a little difficult to find,

I found it for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give yourself a medal, sjpt - I'm sorted now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank-YOU. I WAS LOOKING FOR THAT ALL DAY. I HAD IT ON BEFORE I DOWNLOADED 2.0. Just downloaded and I am back to in I business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines