1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2006 6:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Loading pictures

Chicca81
      I need some help to understand and find a way to script the loading of pictures on different window. I already tryed to use behaviours: adding the following script to a button:

on (release) {

//load Graphic Behavior
      _root.Contenitore.loadMovie("Cornice 10.jpg");
      //End Behavior

}

When I do test the movie though I realised that it doesn't work as I expected. The picture "Cornice 10" loads on a what I think to be a new window: the Movie Clip "Contenitore" but it doesn't appear to a different window. How should I procede then?
        • 1. Re: Loading pictures
          Level 7
          Perhaps the definition of windows is the issue. Flash swf movies are self
          contained in a web browser window web page. So opening an external image in
          a MovieClip is simply redrawing the Flash swf.

If you are thinking of windows within the Flash movie, they will have to be
          within the confines of the Flash movie that is first launched. You can have
          MovieClips with externally loaded content appear as windows and even be
          draggable, but they will not be a separate web browser window.

If you need the web browser to open another window and then load another
          Flash movie in it that does the loading, then you need to use
          getURL(" http://www.domain.com/pagewithotherflashmoviecontainingloadjpg.html/",
          "_blank");

However it seems it would be less files to simply use html in the other
          window page to show the jpg without the Flash movie doing the loading unless
          you are using Flash to animate the jpg in some fashion like a fade in or
          out.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          Flash, Actionscript and Flash Media Server examples:
          http://flashexamples.hosfordusa.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "Chicca81" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e92am7$58n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I need some help to understand and find a way to script the loading of
          >pictures
          > on different window. I already tryed to use behaviours: adding the
          > following
          > script to a button:
          >
          > on (release) {
          >
          > //load Graphic Behavior
          > _root.Contenitore.loadMovie("Cornice 10.jpg");
          > //End Behavior
          >
          > }
          >
          > When I do test the movie though I realised that it doesn't work as I
          > expected.
          > The picture "Cornice 10" loads on a what I think to be a new window: the
          > Movie
          > Clip "Contenitore" but it doesn't appear to a different window. How should
          > I
          > procede then?
          >