I purchased Photoshop Elements 11 and Primere Elements 11. I am manually uninstalling Photoshop and Primere Elements 9 before installing ver 11.
I went through the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs to do this. The process completed, but the following problems remain:
1. Entries for Photoshop Elements 9 and Primere Elements 9 are still in the list in CP - Add/Remove Programs. Re-uninstalling from there brings up Windows Installer msg " This action is valid for products that are currentlly installed"
2. Entries for Photoshop Elements 9 and Primere Elements 9 are still in the Start Button - All Programs.
3. The entries for the uninstalled programs are not listed at
3. I could delete the folders pertaining to Photoshop Elements 9 from where the files were installed originally. However, when I try to do that I get a msg saying that I need permission from SYSTEM to do that and the delete fails.
A gazillion folders and files remain in D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 9
4. The only entries in Services.msc for Adobe are for Acrobat Update Service and Flash Player Update Service.
So, obviously, the uninstall did not complete properly.
How do I manually remove all traces of Photoshop Elements 9 and Primere Elements 9 from my system? Does Adobe have any automated tool to do this?
There is a "clean script" for CS products that you might look at, but I have NO idea if it works for Elements products
CS5 Clean Script http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/829/cpsid_82947.html
Never mind. I fixed the problem by re-installing the old products back in the old locations and uninstalling them. This time, it seems to have cleaned up the traces of the programs.