2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2012 7:24 PM by Alokep

Complete uninstall of Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 9 from Windows 7 64 bit

Alokep

I purchased Photoshop Elements 11 and Primere Elements 11.  I am manually uninstalling Photoshop and Primere Elements 9 before installing ver 11.

I went through the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs to do this.  The process completed, but the following problems remain:

1. Entries for Photoshop Elements 9 and Primere Elements 9 are still in the list in CP - Add/Remove Programs.  Re-uninstalling from there brings up Windows Installer msg " This action is valid for products that are currentlly installed"

2. Entries for Photoshop Elements 9 and Primere Elements 9 are still in the Start Button - All Programs.

3. The entries for the uninstalled programs are not listed at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

3. I could delete the folders pertaining to Photoshop Elements 9 from where the files were installed originally.  However, when I try to do that I get a msg saying that I need permission from SYSTEM to do that and the delete fails.

A gazillion folders and files remain in D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 9

4. The only entries in Services.msc for Adobe are for Acrobat Update Service and Flash Player Update Service.

So, obviously, the uninstall did not complete properly.

How do I manually remove all traces of Photoshop Elements 9 and Primere Elements 9 from my system?  Does Adobe have any automated tool to do this?

Thanks.

Aloke Prasad