3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 7:27 AM by Gport - Gerben van Dijk

Chrome Plugin icon grey, won't go on. (mac os X 10.7.5)

Gport - Gerben van Dijk Level 1

Hi there,

My Chrome plugin doesnt seem to be working properly. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and the application for mac a couple of times, but to no avail. The ipad and iphone apps both see that I have inspect running, only Chrome doesnt. When I try to hit the on/off button in the plugin, nothing happens. Also I have Edge Inspect starting at boot and rebooted multiple times. I only have one version of Chrome running. Below a couple of screenshots of my problem, hope someone can help me to resolve the issue:

Schermafbeelding 2012-12-23 om 13.24.35.png

Schermafbeelding 2012-12-23 om 13.26.40.png

• 1. Re: Chrome Plugin icon grey, won't go on. (mac os X 10.7.5)
          AllDayDev Adobe Employee

What version of Chrome are you running?
          Go to the wrench icon and choose About Google Chrome. If any updates are available, install them (it may do so automatically) and then restart Chrome.

I notice you have some other extensions installed. Although we make every effort to test compatibility with other extensions that we know people use, it's possible that one or more of the ones you have installed are causing issues.

As a first step, try updating all of your extensions.

1. Right-click (or control+click) on the icon for one of your extensions, and choose Manage Extensions.
          2. Near the top, check the "Developer Mode" checkbox.
          3. Then, click the Update Extensions Now button. (While you're there, check what version of Edge Inspect you have installed. It should be 1.0.373.)
          4. Chrome should do a check and update any extensions that aren't up-to-date. Give it a minute, then restart Chrome.

If that doesn't help, try disabling all other extensions, and restart Chrome. If that works, re-enable one extension at a time until it breaks again; that will tell us what extension may be causing an issue.

• 2. Re: Chrome Plugin icon grey, won't go on. (mac os X 10.7.5)

Same issue persists. I disabled all plugins, exept edge inspect, and then it still wasnt working. Removed the plugin, removed the application, removed the applications preferences in my user folder, installed edge inspect, installed the plugin, restarted my browser and mac, but still to no avail. Any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: Chrome Plugin icon grey, won't go on. (mac os X 10.7.5)

Replaced my chrome install with a vanilla one, and it's solved. Thanks for the help!