Help please. At a stalemate with months of work.
I am a creative cloud member.
Im getting black screen identical to this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFTu3qUUl0w
- An odd mix of object's state of existence - the colors are registering, and the images even flash for a split second when i first drag them onto the composition,
and then its gone. And then when i export the rendering, the reulting file flashes a series of images from in a split second, then black. Further description below.
This is first time using After effects since becomming a creative cloud memeber, but I'm pretty fluent with PS and Il, So I'm assuming (hoping) there aren't any "no-brainer" solutions.
I have not changed any of the preferences.
I've looked all over forums which led me to do the following
- make sure video card is up to date
- uninstalled, reinstalled AE
- version: 184.108.40.206
is there a link to an older versions of after affects that i can download which are included in creative cloud memebership
FAQ ANSWERED -
If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
- No Error Message
What were you doing when the problem occurred?
- Dragging PNGs, JPGs, etc (ALL) onto composition. I have yet to find an asset that works.
Has this ever worked before?
- ?? I've never worked with After Effects before
What other software are you running?
Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.
- When in the preferences window>memory and multiprocessing it says “installed CPUs (processor cores): 4”
- Stock HP Pavilion dv7-2185dx Entertainment Notebook PC (see specs below)
Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?
Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects?
Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both?
- VERY STRANGE - I rendered a 30 second avi after importing only one (invisible) graphic. The exported clip flashes all ten PNG files from which the single one came from. They all flash up in less than half a second. Then screen is black for the remaining time.
Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing?
What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?
- Importing files, any, then dragging onto composition or timeline. It’s not visible on composition
HP Pavilion dv7-2185dx Entertainment Notebook PC
Product Name dv7-2185dx
Product Number NV023UA#ABA
Microprocessor 2.00Ghz Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9000
Microprocessor Cache 6MB L2 Cache
Memory Max 8192MB
Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (M96)
Video Memory Up to 2815MB (1024MB dedicated)
Hard Drive 500GB (5400RPM)
Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 17.3” Diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN
Sound Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound and Sub-Woofer
Keyboard 101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
2 Headphone out
1 VGA (15-pin)
eSATA + USB 2.0
1 RJ-11 (modem)
1 RJ -45 (LAN)
1 notebook expansion port 3
1 IEEE 1394
1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)
Other Devices HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
Dimensions 16.2" (W) x 10.9" (D) x 1.37" (min H)/1.70" (max H)
Weight 7.74 lbs
Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
120W AC Adapter
8-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1