4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 6:23 PM by Jim_Simon

Sequence to source monitor

Kale_elb Level 1

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to load a sequence from the timeline into the source monitor? (Similar to the functionality in Avid).

Cheers,

Kale.

• 1. Re: Sequence to source monitor
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Right Click on it in the project panel and select "Open in Source Monitor".

• 2. Re: Sequence to source monitor
            Kale_elb Level 1

Hi Steven,

I should of asked if its possible to load clips fom the time line into the source monitor.

Say i want to move the last three clips in a sequence to the to the middle of the sequence, in avid i could load them from the time line into the source monitor  then insert edit them back into the middle of the sequence.

Can something similar be done in Pr?

• 3. Re: Sequence to source monitor
              Steven L. Gotz Level 5

I know how to do it one clip at a time, but not three.

For one clip,  put the CTI over the clip in the timeline then just use the Match Frame key , which is "F" by default, to call up the clip in the Source Monitor.

On the other hand, you can just lasso the three clips and drag them to the right spot. I think you have to hold the Ctrl key to make it insert when you do that.

Or you could copy and paste from one part of the timeline to another.

PS. I have never seen Avid.

• 4. Re: Sequence to source monitor
                Jim_Simon Level 8

There's no need to go to the Source Monitor for this.

Select all three clips, hit CTRL+X to Cut.  Then move the CTI to where you want the clips to be and hit CTRL+SHIFT+V to Insert Paste.