8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2012 1:44 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Dip To White Transition

Efi Baruch Level 1

hi

i make a movie with "PiP" and i would like to apply a " Dip to White" transition which will affect only on the "PiP".

i really cant find a way to apply it to the "PiP".

thanks for helping

• 1. Re: Dip To White Transition
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

I guess it just depends on how you are placing your picture in picture on the screen.

If you have the main video on track one, and the PiP on track two, and you want to transition to a new image inside the PiP all you need to do is place the dip to white between the two videos on track two.

What am I missing? What is your workflow?

Sometimes people find that they get better results editing the PiP in a different sequence. Then they can fade in, fade out, transition, use effects, etc. Then just place that sequence on the main sequence and scale it down

• 2. Re: Dip To White Transition
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Like Steven, I cannot imagine why this would not work, just as he outlines it.

Can you please post a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing your main Video, and the PiP Clips, where you wish to do Dip-to-White?

Also, if the Dip-to-White Transition is not working/applying, you can create a white Color Matte, place that between the Clips, and add a Cross-Dissolve on each end of that.

Make sure that you have adequate Handles on your PiP Clips, so that the Transition applies correctly. If necessary, see this article on Handles: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3727485#3727485

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Dip To White Transition
              Efi Baruch Level 1

Capture.PNG

the iPhone is on the top layer

the video with the effect is on the bottom layer

still the effect applys the whole screen

• 4. Re: Dip To White Transition
                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, thanks for posting that screen-cap.

I would place the iPhone Image on Video Track 1, and your Clips (your PiP footage), on Video Track 2. That should give you what you want.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Dip To White Transition
                  Efi Baruch Level 1

thanks for helping

BUT didn't worked out

i've placed the iPhone Image on Video Track 1, and  PiP footage on Video Track 2...

• 6. Re: Dip To White Transition
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

Cut the iphone same place in timeline as footage and add dip to white.

Message was edited by: Ann Bens

• 7. Re: Dip To White Transition
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

What happened, after you swapped Tracks, and applied the Dip-to-White Transition, between the Clips?

Also, have you insured that you have adequate Handles on those Clips?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Dip To White Transition
                        Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Here is an example of what can be done.

The two images are on their own sequence so that I could dip to white between them. Also, it made it easier to use the corner pin effect to put the image on the iPhone. I did have to rotate the image sequence 90 degrees before I used the corner pin.

For the titles, I chose to go a different way. Since the background I was putting the text on is white, it was easier to just set the titles where I wanted them using the Motion effect's position and scale parameters and then dissolve to nothing and dissolve from nothing. That nothing being white, of course. Otherwise, a different sequence could have been used for the titles too.

Edit:  This is what the timeline looks like.

Capture.PNG

If this is what you had in mind, and you have any additional questions, please let me know. I can put  little tutorial together if necessary.