3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2012 7:09 PM by Steve Grisetti

.dmg won't open

mkcrowe

I made a video in 2009 with Adobe Premiere Elements, and burned it to a DVD. The DVD never played anywhere else (tvs, computers, etc) and I just gave up because I could watch it on the Premiere Elements on my laptop. I recently found the DVD and I want to watch it again, I no longer have the computer that I made the video on originally. Can anyone help me view the video on a macbook pro so I can save it somewhere else?

• 1. Re: .dmg won't open
          the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, was that a DVD-Video, that you authored in your older PrE, with the VIDEO_TS folder, and the IFO, BUP and VOB files, or was it a DVD-Data disc, with an AV file on it?

If the latter, what is the format (file extension) and CODEC used in that AV file?

Also, if a DVD-Data, was it done on a Mac, or a PC?

Good luck, and let us know just a bit more, please,

Hunt

• 2. Re: .dmg won't open
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, you mention DMG, which is a Mac Disk Image File.

If properly written, then the disk, containing that file, should Mount, just like a hard disk drive. Is that not happening on your Mac?

Also, I do not believe that PrE could write directly to a DMG, so if that is what you have, it might be useful to know exactly how that DMG file was created.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: .dmg won't open
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You definitely should not get a DMG file when you Publish & Share your movie!

A DMG is, as Bill says, a Disc Image File, the equivalent of a Windows ZIP file. It's usually used to deliver a program via download and should extract and launch (usually installing a program) automatically when you download it to your Mac.

I don't know any way you would have gotten a DMG file from a Premiere Elements video.