1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 11:19 AM by AllDayDev

Installation Directory must be on a local hard drive

philstapple philstapple Level 1

when installing the app, pop up "Installation Directory must be on a local hard drive" i don't know how to fix the problem

• 1. Re: Installation Directory must be on a local hard drive
          AllDayDev Adobe Employee

Sorry to hear you ran into this error.

I have not seen this with Edge Inspect before, but a quick search shows that this error seems to occur in rare cases for many MSI-based installers.

Here are a couple of the suggested solutions that seem to be successful:

- Clear your %temp% folder, then run the installer again.

In case you're not familiar with doing so, see Solution 2 in this article for instructions: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-unexpected-behavior-user-account-2. html

- Force the installer to run with administrator privileges.

To do so:

1. Locate the Edge Inspect MSI installer file that you downloaded.
          2. While holding down the Shift key on the keyboard, right-click on the Edge Inspect MSI, then choose Copy As Path.
          3. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
          4. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. This should open a command prompt window, labeled "Administrator:".
          5. In the Command Prompt window, type msiexec /i (you need to enter a single space after "/i").
          6. Right-click in the Command Prompt window, then choose Paste. This should paste the path to the MSI file that you copied in Step 2 above.
          7. Press Enter to run the command.

Let us know whether or not these help, or if you have any questions.