• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions .exe file...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert eBook files and I downloaded Digital Editions 3 times on 2 different computers and the file doesn't work. No matter how you try to open/run the file, nothing happens. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Frazzled

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Turns out the download on Both computers was good. NEVER seen this before, but, under the files 'properties' it said "this file came from another computer and may be blocked to protect this computer". I unblocked it and it works fine. I can only suspect it a 'Vista' thing. Thanks for the effort though. Now my wife can use her eReader Christmas present

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming that you are on Windows; what version?

Your download is ADE_2.0_Installer.exe ?  What is the file size; it should be 5.61 MB / 5,755 KB /5,892,496 bytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes, Windows Vista. And that is exactly the file I'm talking about. Same specs, just won't open on either computer and Adobe wants $40 to tell me it doesn't work

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your install file is exactly 5,892,496 bytes?  I still suspect a corrupted download.

If the size matches, then check the Event Viewer if you can find anything that would indicate why the installation fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out the download on Both computers was good. NEVER seen this before, but, under the files 'properties' it said "this file came from another computer and may be blocked to protect this computer". I unblocked it and it works fine. I can only suspect it a 'Vista' thing. Thanks for the effort though. Now my wife can use her eReader Christmas present

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.  You can find the solution implemented by ShataBert at Installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 in Windows Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines