1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 8:55 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

bad layer right clicking in CS6

arjun2 Level 1

In photoshop cs 6, if i right click on any layer, with the move tool [black arrow], the menu shows lots of layer names which contains my layer too.

On the other hand in Photoshop cs5 and earlier versions this right click thing would show the name of only, only the layer on which the mouse was clicked, not a big list that’s a pain in the head. Takes so long to choose the layer I wanna work.

I have experienced this problem on windows xp 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit. All the systems were free of viruses and I also did this experiment with different files. What’s wrong in cs6?

• 1. Re: bad layer right clicking in CS6
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

On the other hand in Photoshop cs5 and earlier versions this right click thing would show the name of only, only the layer on which the mouse was clicked, not a big list that’s a pain in the head.

ctrl-clicking is supposed to raise a list of all Layers that have content at the point that is clicked – this behaviour does not seem to have been changed between CS5 and CS6 as far as I can tell.

Have you tried with the same documents/positions in both versions?