• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to LMS - Learning about the published files - modifying the loader?

Engaged ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seasons greetings all!

I am interested in learning more about the files that Captivate 6 publishes when publishing for an LMS (in my situation, a AICC based LMS).
Can someone please provide more details about the following typical published files:

AICCComm.html

AICCPostRouter.html

AICCPostRouter.swf

blank.html

browsersniff.js

captivate.au

captivate.crs

captivate.css

captivate.cst

captivate.des

exit.swf

goodbye.html

index.html  -  this is the first file that the LMS executes, it first tests for the presence of javascript and errors out with message if javascript is not found on the student's computer.

next, it then sets up the javascript variables (required to communicate with LMS) and starts the lesson.

scormdriver.js

standard.js

Actual_Captivate6_lesson.htm  -  lesson name

Actual_Captivate6_lesson.swf  -  lesson name (this is the actual lesson Flash content)

Actual_Captivate6_lesson_fs.htm  -  named with _fs with the publish option is set for fullscreen

My other question is that I am curious about why LMS session information is no longer kept if I add my own index.html file which redirects to the above index.html (renamed to index2.html).

Any information or links to details is appreciated.

Ultimately, my goal is to modify one or more of the above files in order to force my lessons to open in their own window (of specified dimensions) and display a custom message in the parent window. My first experiment was to simply create a new redirector index.html (simplest solution and easy to replicate):

_sample_redir_code.png

This above code worked "perfectly" EXCEPT the major problem was that the lesson session information (i.e. what slides were viewed by the student in a prior session) was no longer retained. Why is that?

Any enlightenment is appreciated... Thank you.

Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone...

A follow up question. I noticed that there is an additional file created when choosing the full screen option during publishing in Captivate 6. This new html file ends with _fs.htm as in [project name]_fs.htm. But the puzzle for me is that it isn't referenced by any other file so how and where is this html file called?

See above file listing.... how is "Actual_Captivate6_lesson_fs.htm " called?

The order seems to be:

index.html (executed by the LMS)

which executes Actual_Captivate6_lesson.htm

which executes Actual_Captivate6_lesson.swf 

I cannot find any reference to Actual_Captivate6_lesson_fs.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From help:
"Full ScreenOpens the file in full screen mode. (You can’t apply this option if you select AICC or SCORM options for the project.)"

But I cannot give you a reason why this limitation exists in AICC and SCORM. I think we have the same goals (i.e. launch a Captivate lesson in a child browser window). I am wondering why this full screen option is not available as well.

Can anyone else help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is probably due to the many and varied ways that LMS makers choose to launch content files in their players.  In some cases these players might not be able to work with a Full Screen window and the communication between the course and the LMS would be broken.

Adobe is probably just playing safe here by not allowing the full screen option when you also choose LMS reporting.

Re the earlier question about how the FS gets launched, there is a hyperlink in the FS.htm file that the user would need to click.  The link quite clearly says: "Click Here to Open in Full Screen Mode".  So it's a manual option, not automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources