Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital editions on nook - cannot open file

Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nook Color, and I was able to download the adobe digital editions installer, but when I click on the notification, I get a message that says "cannot open file". Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Transfer eBook to eReader | Adobe Digital Editions - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/transfer-ebook-ereader-digital-editions.html for information on how to transfer a book to your Nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, the page to which you referred has several missing image files. I get to Step 4 of the list, and I'm stuck because the Nook doesn't appear in the list of available devices. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the Nook color a (android) tablet rather than a dedicated eBook reader?

If so, you need to install an eBook reading app on the Nook color: I suggest Bluefire.

You can then copy epub files from your PC/Mac using a file manager and read them using Bluefire.

You need to make sure Bluefire app is registered to the same AdobeID as your ADE.

If the books are not DRM, there is no need to use ADE at all;

either download them direct to the Nook, or download to the PC/Mac and copy.

For DRM library books you will find an Overdrive app that allows books to be checked out, downloaded and read directly on an android/ios device.

There are also dedicated apps from various vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines