2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 1:58 PM by txdesertflower2001

Photoshop files open as black or white screen - please help

txdesertflower2001

I recently had my desktop computer crash ( it is a gateway ) and had to wipe it clean and re-install everything. I have Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium. Since re-installing Creative Suite, Ps has begun having issues opening files. Ps will usually open the 'first' file as normal; however, any subsequent files that I ask it to open just open as blank screens that are either black or white. It has also begun freezing on me for no apparent reason. As I mentioned above I have a gateway desktop with a Core Intel i5 processor. I cannot think that this is a processor issue, but then I may be wrong? Please help if you can, I have a load of work for clients and the new year and cannot continue to have these issues slowing me WAY down. Thank you in advance for your time and any helpful insight or solutions you may have.

Just A Side Note: I have contacted Adobe support via chat and their only suggestion was to come here to the forums for help or call support. So, I have called support and have been on hold for over 45 minutes and still holding. Please could someone help me? Thank you. Also, I have also tried un-installing and re-installing Ps CS5.5. Thank you!