5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 10:07 AM by MultiNeko RSS

Quick selection size too big?????

MultiNeko

I'm trying to use the quick selection tool to take part of an image out and combine it with another but when i click to make the first selection a "Could not use the Quick Selection because the result would be too big." message shows up. I havent even made a selection so how would it determine if it's too big? I just don't get it.

I have never seen this before and I can't find anything on how to work around this. Any help?

• 1. Re: Quick selection size too big?????
          c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

What are the specifics of the image (bit depth, pixel dimensions, …)?

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible?

• 2. Re: Quick selection size too big?????
            MultiNeko Community Member

All I did with the image was import it and it said that for the image to be displayed correctly the pixel aspect ratio needed to be corrected. I did that and I used the image before in ps and no issues when I used the quick selection then. Im currently working on a 900 x 900 px work space just so I have room to work on the images. Here are a couple images. Not completely sure if they well help at all...

Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 12.43.13 AM.png

Untitled.png

• 3. Re: Quick selection size too big?????

Any ideas how to fix my issues? I just tried using the eraser tool and it says the exact same thing....this is making no sense and I'm not finding answers anywhere. I really want to get this personal project done.

• 4. Re: Quick selection size too big?????
                c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

Have you reset the Tools or trashed your prefs yet?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 5. Re: Quick selection size too big?????

This is only I think the third time on this computer that ive opened it since it was downloaded. I know that it has updated twice as well. Since right now its on a mac system ( but using pc mouse and keyboard) im not overly familiar with it. Im not sure what some of the stuff you said is and/or how to deal with it. As ive said ive only opened it a few times before and never had issues. This particular image ive used on a different mac and again had issues with the resizing.