5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 10:07 AM by MultiNeko RSS

Quick selection size too big?????

MultiNeko Community Member

I'm trying to use the quick selection tool to take part of an image out and combine it with another but when i click to make the first selection a "Could not use the Quick Selection because the result would be too big." message shows up. I havent even made a selection so how would it determine if it's too big? I just don't get it.

I have never seen this before and I can't find anything on how to work around this. Any help?

• 1. Re: Quick selection size too big?????
          c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

What are the specifics of the image (bit depth, pixel dimensions, …)?

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible?

• 2. Re: Quick selection size too big?????

All I did with the image was import it and it said that for the image to be displayed correctly the pixel aspect ratio needed to be corrected. I did that and I used the image before in ps and no issues when I used the quick selection then. Im currently working on a 900 x 900 px work space just so I have room to work on the images. Here are a couple images. Not completely sure if they well help at all...

Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 12.43.13 AM.png

Untitled.png

• 3. Re: Quick selection size too big?????

Any ideas how to fix my issues? I just tried using the eraser tool and it says the exact same thing....this is making no sense and I'm not finding answers anywhere. I really want to get this personal project done.

• 4. Re: Quick selection size too big?????
                c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

Have you reset the Tools or trashed your prefs yet?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 5. Re: Quick selection size too big?????

This is only I think the third time on this computer that ive opened it since it was downloaded. I know that it has updated twice as well. Since right now its on a mac system ( but using pc mouse and keyboard) im not overly familiar with it. Im not sure what some of the stuff you said is and/or how to deal with it. As ive said ive only opened it a few times before and never had issues. This particular image ive used on a different mac and again had issues with the resizing.