4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 11:16 AM by DOD Branched to a new discussion.

How to "Hack" my Edge Animation for IE8 / IE7?

dworni Level 1

I know: Adobe Edge Animate is made for mdoern Browsers. But I'm doing a One-Pager complete in Edge Animation (a worldwide known limonade...). So about 10% uses Internet Explorer 8, less IE 7.

I konw: there ist the option in publish settings to give lte IE9 users a shout to install the Chrome Frame Plugin. But seriously: that's not a solution (no one installs a plugin just to see a site. most users CANT install because of the rights at work).

So I have to make my final Edge Animate onepager also work in IE 8. For this I found I can change this file:

myProject_edgePreload.js

then there is a function:

function isCapable(){
                if(hasTransform){
                          if(requiresSVG&&!hasSVG)return!1;
                                    return!0
                          }return!1
                }

If I change it (ugly, I know) to this, Internet Explorer loads the animation (instead of the Stage for older Browsers):

function isCapable(){
                return 1;
                if(hasTransform){
                          if(requiresSVG&&!hasSVG)return!1;
                                    return!0
                          }return!1
                }

But then as a next step I tried to include PIE.js and modernizr.js to get the animation nearly work in IE 8. a) I tried it to iclude the scripts with a conditional IE tag in the head of the HTML-file. Dont worked. Then b) I tried it to load it via yepnope like this:

yepnope({
          nope : ['iefix/PIE.js']  
                , complete: fireup
      });

function fireup(){
                             if (window.PIE) {
              $('.ie').each(function() {
                  PIE.attach(this);
              });
          }
      }

But this also not worked.

Dear stuff guys: I know, this is not the right way in your plans for Edge Animate. But I REALLY would love to have a version running in IE 8 instead of a dull placeholder. Can anyone help me, please?