• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated gif -- not moving

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2006 Jul 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted an animated gif into my project -- but it's not showing up with the animation. Is there a setting I need to set?
Thanks!
Peggy
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peggy and welcome to our community

Let me guess. Did you click Insert > Image... to insert the animated .GIF? If so, this is why. Try instead clicking Insert > Animation...

Also, don't be too surprised if after doing this, the animated .GIF file appears to have taken speed or consumed about four shots of espresso! This is because the Frame Rate of Captivate (Movie > Preferences > Preferences tab) is normally 30 frames per second and the .GIF may be configured for 10 frames per second.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!!

Now that little bug is flitting around like a maniac!

Is there a way to slow him down, if necessary?

Thanks again!
Peggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peggy

There are only two ways I'm aware of.

1. Slow Captivate down. Earlier I told you where to adjust the frame rate. Try adjusting from 30 down to 10 or so. But this could have adverse effects on your movie. Try and see.

2. Increase the frame rate of the .GIF by editing it in an animation editor. (I'm guessing this isn't very likely. I've run into very few folks that know how to create animated .GIF files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources