• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Hint after 3 incorrect clicks

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded a training simulation and very much enjoy the "Hints" which are displayed when you rollover a click box. However, I would like to know how you can automatically display the hint after 3 incorrect clicks (or clicks outside of the click box). This seems like it would be an easy enough thing to do and someone has probably done it or knows how - I just cant figure it out since I'm still learning captivate.

Thanks
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CaptivateD2007 and welcome to our community

I would think you could do this by duplicating the slide containing the click box. Allow two attempts on the first one. After two incorrect attempts, progress to the next slide where the hint is located.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good suggestion, but would double my whole project, which isn't desireable. Isn't there a way to configure the slide (without duplicating it) to popup the hint based on an action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I suppose you could accomplish the same thing by simply extending those slides. Correct attempts would just progress normally. After two incorrect attempts, just "Continue" where the hint appears further along the timeline, yet on the same slide.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I came up with a solution to this problem after some digging that I think might work incase anyone else has come across this problem. My method was as follows.

1. Create two click boxes, identical in size and stacked on top of each other in the stage. Set them one after the other in the timeline - I put the first one on bottom in the but it doesn't really matter in the layers because the click boxes do not operate simultaneously. Also create a text caption that contains the hint you want to give your user. Place the text caption under the click box in the time line so it does not overlap with the first text box.

2. On the first click box, set the options to...

On Success: Go to the next slide

Attempts: 3

Last Attempt: Continue

No success, failure, or hint captions

Others: Only Pause project until user clicks.

2. On the second box, set the options to...

On Success: Go to the next slide

Attempts: Infinite

No success, failure, or hint captions

Others: Only Pause project until user clicks.

That's it. It will pause on the first click box until the three attempts are spent, then it will play the second click box as it shows the hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this followup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources