0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 1:28 AM by KironeX

drag to DataGrid and Insert

KironeX
      I posted this already on the flex 2 forums didnt see the flex 3 forum so hopefully you guys can help me get abit closer to the answer

ORIGINAL QUESTION

Is it possible to do an insert action into the database when drag is complete

I have a dataGrid that holds the original data and want to drag this data into a new datagrid the moment the drag is complete it should be inserted into the database and then the usual edits can be done to the data (the last part i have working)

REPLIES

Originally posted by: atta707
      Yes. Absolutely possible.

Is your first datagrid already writing to DB? If so that's exactly how the second one write it to DB once drag and drop is complete; using dragDrop event.

If that's not the case, you need to elaborate a bit more what situation you're in.

ATTA

Originally posted by: KironeX
      my first is getting it's data from a db and i can edit the fields and it will also store it to db again but i cant figure out how the dragDrop eventcould/should activate the insert record action

i tried to do it like this but it didnt insert to dataBase

private function insertItem(e:AdvancedDataGridEvent):void {
      var dsRowIndex:int = e.rowIndex;
      var dsFieldName:String = e.dataField;
      var dsColumnIndex:Number = e.columnIndex;

var vo:* = dataArr[dsRowIndex];

var col:AdvancedDataGridColumn = dataGrid.columns[dsColumnIndex];
      var newvalue:String = dataGrid.itemEditorInstance[col.editorDataField];

trace("a:" + dsRowIndex + ", " + dsFieldName + ", " + dsColumnIndex);

var parameters:* =
      {
      "id": vo.idCol, "naam": vo.naamCol, "aantal": vo.aantalCol, "categorie": vo.categorieCol, "prijs": vo.prijsCol, "searchkey": vo.searchkeyCol }

parameters[dsFieldName.substr(0,dsFieldName.length-3)] = newvalue;

doRequest("Insert", parameters, insertItemHandler);
      }