1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2006 4:18 PM by Newsgroup_User

Accept Decline Buttons

southdaytona Level 1
      The city I work for is setting up a wireless access point at a local park. Once users connect we are going to force users to a user agreement page, that has a bunch of legal verbiage on it and then at the bottom we want an accept button and then the user can surf wherever they want. Is there a way to block them from getting past this point without clicking accept? I want to make sure all users accept the user agreement, (even though I know most will not read it). Any comments/suggestions?

thanks, mike
        • 1. Re: Accept Decline Buttons
          Level 7
          You can apply validation to the page to ensure that a box is ticked, and
          then use server side to handle whether you redirect them to the pages
          depending upon what is ticked.

--
          Paul Whitham
          Certified Dreamweaver MX2004 Professional
          Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver

Valleybiz Internet Design
          www.valleybiz.net

"southdaytona" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ecvdaa$2fq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > The city I work for is setting up a wireless access point at a local park.
          > Once users connect we are going to force users to a user agreement page,
          > that
          > has a bunch of legal verbiage on it and then at the bottom we want an
          > accept
          > button and then the user can surf wherever they want. Is there a way to
          > block
          > them from getting past this point without clicking accept? I want to make
          > sure
          > all users accept the user agreement, (even though I know most will not
          > read
          > it). Any comments/suggestions?
          >
          > thanks, mike
          >