6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 7:53 AM by Marcel_W95 RSS

Mocha doesn't work

Marcel_W95

I am working with Adobe After Effects CS6 at the moment.

I have a project and now I wanna work with Mocha ... I can click at the button, the first two seconds the loading screen

of mocha is apearing and then: "mocha4ae_adobe.exe doesn't work any more"

I did all updates for AE, but it is still not working. HELP PLEASE

• 1. Re: Mocha doesn't work
          lasvideo Community Member

In order to use the Mocha that comes with CS6, you need to have the footage you want to track as a layer in a comp.

Highlight the layer, go to the Animation drop down menu and select Track With Mocha.

That is the only way I know to use Mocha in CS6.

• 2. Re: Mocha doesn't work
            Marcel_W95 Community Member

Yea I tried it on this way, but it doesn't start

• 3. Re: Mocha doesn't work
              Mylenium MVP

We cannot know. You are not providing any useful details like some system specs or the crash info from your Event Viewer.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Mocha doesn't work

oh I am sorry...

this is the crash information (I am sorry, it is german):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung (Name of misapplication): mocha4ae_adobe.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel (timestemp): 0x4f44f677

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls (Name of the faulty module): gandalf.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel (timestemp): 0x4db94527

Ausnahmecode (exception Code): 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset (error offset): 0x0000000000044e04

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses (ID of the worng process): 0xcd8

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung (start time): 0x01cde67badf6ca08

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung (path): C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\mochaAE\(Mocha Support)\bin\mocha4ae_adobe.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls (path of wrong modul): C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\mochaAE\(Mocha Support)\bin\gandalf.dll

Berichtskennung (report detection): ee09bf30-526e-11e2-898b-14dae9be4d20

I hope the english expressions are right ... my english is not very good

About my computer:

- Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1

- AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor 3.20GHz

- RAM: 8,00 GB

- Systemtype: 64-Bit-System

I hope this is helpfull ... if you need more information say me which one

• 5. Re: Mocha doesn't work
                  Mylenium MVP

As suspected - gandalf.dll is Imagineers OpenGL library, so update your graphics driver or run mocha with OpenGL turned off. Check the mocha help on how to do that.

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Mocha doesn't work

Thank you

But I am really sorry ... I searched for half an hour for mocha help to turn off OpenGL, but I did't find anything ... I think I am blind