3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 1:55 AM by domnic.rj23

Cannot Open Editor with APE 11

CherBear55

I just received Adobe Photoshop Elements (APE) 11 for Christmas.  I downloaded with CD yesterday; I downloaded many photos from my camera and everything seemed to work fine.  Today, I can access the photos with the "Organizer" and do quick fixes, but I cannot access the full Editor.  I am going down to the "EDITOR" buttom on the Task Bar at the bottom of my screen.  I click this button and nothing happens.  Also pls note that I cannot access the Editor from the shortcut that the installation put on my desktop.  What am I doing wrong?  ~Troubled CherBear55

• 1. Re: Cannot Open Editor with APE 11
          Barbara B. Level 7

Did you disable your antivirus/antimalware software during installation? If not, I would uninstall via control panel and reinstall after doing that. Your catalog and photos won't be affected; they're stored separately from the program files.

• 2. Re: Cannot Open Editor with APE 11
            ukgaurav Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please try couple of probable solutions as mentioned below:

Solution 1:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

Solution 2: In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.

Solution 3: Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.

Thanks,

Garry

• 3. Re: Cannot Open Editor with APE 11
              domnic.rj23 Level 3

Try launching PSE from the welcome screen first. There could be a case that Editor couldn't be launched from Organizer because you haven't yet accepted End User Licence Agreement (EULA)