This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
I just tried this in Fireworks 220.127.116.117, and the text appears OK. The
submenus appear as normal menu items in preview, but the exported HTML and
images work as expected. I used an image with a hotspot as the anchor for
Could you post a detailed, step-by-step list of what you are doing?
Also, this might be useful:
"pjfhaf" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> Please help me, I have Studio 8 and I'm using Firworks to create
> with submenu's however I am find a problem - either when you preview the
> or if I export it as HTML and include in my website the entries in the
> that have submenu's attached lose their text.
> Am I doing something wrong ? Is there anyting I can do to fix his ?
Hi Steve, thanks for the response. I'm using the same version of Fireworks and following these steps:
1) Draw a shape to use as a button (e.g. rectangle)
2) Add a text box to write a label (e.g. home)
3) Convert this to a symbol (button symbol)
4) Create the Up and Over states in the button symbol editor
5) Go back to the main canvas, click on the hot spot an select 'Add pop-up menu'
6) Use the wizard to create a dropdown menu
7) Then indent a couple of the entries to make them appear as submenu's to one of the dropdown menu items
This is when I get the problem - the indented submenu items appear fine, but the menu label that they appear from is blank.
Please see the example at the following link :
Thanks for any advice you can give me on this.