2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2006 7:55 PM by Newsgroup_User

any help on an idea?(airbrushing)

jamiemac2005
      alright so im trying to make a picture.image with two of me on the same sofa(if that makes any sence)...

so i have 2 images 1 of me sitting on a sofa and 1 of me sitting on the arm of a sofa, both photo's are exactli the same apart from where i'm positioned... what i want to do is merge the photo's so i have one image with both instances of me so that it looks realistic, my problem is that when i do this there is an obvious color difference and want to know if there is a feature of fireworks that will edit the color of a bitmap so that an area or it matches the area next to it.... any help is appreciated...

if anyone could point me in the wright direction or point me to a tutorial regarding this sort of airbrushing/ photo editing that would be very helpful thanks.... xxJAMxx
        • 1. Re: any help on an idea?(airbrushing)
          Level 7
          jamiemac2005 wrote:

> if anyone could point me in the wright direction or point me to a tutorial
          > regarding this sort of airbrushing/ photo editing that would be very helpful
          > thanks.... xxJAMxx

IMHO, the easiest way to blend two images together is to fade them into
          each other. Use the Commands > Creative > Fade image feature to do this.
          You'll want to fade the right edge of the left photo, and the left edge
          of the right photo, and then change the canvas color to match the
          background color you want. You can adjust the amount and placement of
          the fade by clicking on the thumbnail of the masking object in the
          Layers panel, and then manipulating the adjustment handle that pops up.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: any help on an idea?(airbrushing)
            Level 7
            My mind was starting to churn on this one but yes Linda, that is a great
            way to accomplish that - alex

Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert** wrote:
            > jamiemac2005 wrote:
            >
            >> if anyone could point me in the wright direction or point me to a
            >> tutorial regarding this sort of airbrushing/ photo editing that would
            >> be very helpful thanks.... xxJAMxx
            >
            > IMHO, the easiest way to blend two images together is to fade them into
            > each other. Use the Commands > Creative > Fade image feature to do this.
            > You'll want to fade the right edge of the left photo, and the left edge
            > of the right photo, and then change the canvas color to match the
            > background color you want. You can adjust the amount and placement of
            > the fade by clicking on the thumbnail of the masking object in the
            > Layers panel, and then manipulating the adjustment handle that pops up.
            >
            >