2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2013 8:52 AM by the_wine_snob

Another Premiere Elements 10 " processor is  not supported" error message

box999

I have the combination DVD, with Photoshop & Premiere Elements 10 bought just a few months ago. It came bundled with a digital camera.

Elements 10 will not instal because "the processor is not supported with this package"

My PC has a Pentium 4, 3Ghz proc, 2Gb ram and runs XP Pro SP3. which as far as I can tell meets the requirements. Idid see that a dual core Proc. is required to edit HD and AVH?? but my interst is only still in DV and I've assumed that the dual core is not therefore required.

I spent hours researching the problem yesterday and saw a solution to " follow PE 11 trial download route and choose PS 10" but no such option exists now. (presumably to get a version that would get around this)

Is there a solution to this please ?

• 1. Re: Another Premiere Elements 10 " processor is  not supported" error message
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

A Pentium 4 is definitely able to run the program, box. It's just not going to run it very well -- particularly if you've only got 2 gigs of RAM and a video card with less than 1 gig of memory. You may be able to get by if your processor is a Hyper Threading Pentium.

You also should have 100 or so gigs of free space on your hard drive. (The best rule of thumb is to take Adobe's recommended minimums and double them -- and that's the MINIMUM power you should have.)

So I'm not sure why you're getting that message.

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded all of the non-critical updates? They often include important drivers and patches that don't download automatically.

If downloading those updates don't do it, I'd recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support.

• 2. Re: Another Premiere Elements 10 " processor is  not supported" error message
            the_wine_snob Level 9

What is the exact model number of that Pentium D? The name "Pentium" indicates an Intel chip, but if it is an AMD, then it will probably lack the SSE 2 instruction set required. From the Minimum System Requirements:

2GHz or faster processor with SSE2 support; dual-core processor required for HDV or AVCHD editing and Blu-ray or AVCHD export

That SSE 2 instruction set is very, very important.

Good luck,

Hunt