3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2007 7:21 AM by heathrowe

Dreamweaver to Fireworks Problem

JohnWolters
      Hello all,

I am editing a placeholder image from DWVR in FRWKS and when I press "done" and return to DWVR the image placeholder does not change and there is no source file attached to it. If I open the HTML of my image swap in another window it works fine. If I insert FRWKS html I lose all the formatting that I have done for the rest of the document.

Any Tips?

JW
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver to Fireworks Problem
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
          I just did a test with a Dw image Placeholder, to Fw, and back to Dw routine and it worked fine.

One thing that is possible that you missed on your end, that is crucial for it to work, the Fw .png AND the outputted image file (either jpg/gif) MUST be saved into the directory of the Site.

h
          • 2. Re: Dreamweaver to Fireworks Problem
            JohnWolters Level 1
            Thanks...but since now I have a working .png made in Fw and I can open the .htm file and test it in a browser and it works, how do I place this file in the Dw image placeholder without losing formatting of the rest of the page. I notice that in the Dw design view the page looks unformatted, when I test it in a browser there are only a few problems with the page layout but all my .class files are not showing in the CSS window
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver to Fireworks Problem
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
              If you follow the add Dw image placeholder, jump to Fw, Save png,Save jpg/gif and back to D you 'should' be fine. All that should take place is the addition of the image and nothing else within the code.

I just did another test on a .php page that is hooked into a mysql database with all sorts of formatting on the page and it worked fine.

What versions of Dw/Fw are you using?
              I am using the latest, if you are using earlier, that is possibly where the glitch is occurring?

h