1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2013 12:24 PM by raeben3

How to disable the confirmation dialogue for setting bookmark destination?

asdfabcedasf Level 1

Hi,

When I set bookmark destinations, I always see the dialogue "Are you sure you want to set the destination of the selected bookmark to the current location?" I'm wondering if there is a way to disable such confirmation and always go ahead and set the destination? Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to disable the confirmation dialogue for setting bookmark destination?
          raeben3 Level 3

If it existed,  changing this confirmation option would be mostly likely be in Acrobat Preferences, and I see no such option.   So you may just have to live with it.

However, if you have hundreds of bookmarks to reset and confirming each is driving you nuts, you may want to pursue this further.

I'm thinking there may be a way to do it using Javascript Actions, but I'm not a Javascript person. You would just need an Action that would Set the Destination and then Confirm for you, after you select the appropriate bookmark and go to the new destination.

There are tons of scripts out there that do modify or create Bookmarks -- I couldn't find this exact one, but I'm betting someone would know how. 

Try posting in the Adobe Acrobat Javascript forum. 

Good luck.