4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2013 12:59 AM by DannyZiegler

Down-level Poster.png just a white box on IE8

Chris G Dack Ltd

Hi everyone,

I've created a very simple Edge Animate banner consisting of a background image and two layers of text that fade in, it shows up perfectly in everything except for (understandably) IE8 and I assume IE7, all I see is a white box.

I inserted the animation via Dreamweaver using Insert/Media/Edge Animate Composition, it went into a "mainbanner" div with CSS:

#mainbanner {

clear:both;

width: 1000px;

margin: 0 auto;

border: 0;

padding: 10px;

}

These code lines have been inserted into the <head> section of the Dreamweaver template and subsequent index.php page:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

This code was applied to the "mainbanner" div by Dreamweaver after doing Insert/Media/Edge Animate Composition:

<!-- The following tag displays an Edge Animate Composition -->

<object id="EdgeID" name="EdgeID" type="text/html" width = "1020" height ="437" data ="../edgeanimate_assets/jb_mainbanner/Assets/jb_mainbanner.html" >

</object></div>

Don't know why the animation that has 1000px width has a width of 1020px shown in code when imported yet shows correctly as 1000px in the browser but hey!

I've checked that the down-level poster (Poster.png) I created has been linked to the animation; has been uploaded to the web server; is showing the appropriate static version of the animation but after one whole night of trying everything I can think of all I still get on IE8 is a white box!

Can someone please give me some help with this, many thanks in advance.

Chris