3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 1:38 PM by rush_pawan

Need help with component label

Mad_Z

Hi all,

I want to have label for my components. so when any existing components on the page is opened for editing(for example if I open any components in edit mode from foundation, Tab name is seen and if there is multiple tab like in textImage component its confusing what component is that)I am using fieldLabel properties to show label in my component but this properties is not working for me. Please advice...

Thanks A lot in Advance..

• 1. Re: Need help with component label
          rush_pawan Level 4

use "title" attribute instead for tabs.

• 2. Re: Need help with component label
            Mad_Z Level 1

Thanks pawan, I have that part. I want to display the name of the component while in edit mode.  For eg while there are multiple tabs I want to display the name.  Let me know if I am confusing.

• 3. Re: Need help with component label
              rush_pawan Level 4

Hi,

Yeah, its clear now. sorry for confusion. So as i understood you actually want to show label for your component not the tabs and OOTB using title will not help you. If you want to achieve this then you have to change your hierarchy.

Yake an example:

If your current hierarchy is like below

dialog (tabpanel) --> items (widgetcollection) --> tab1 (panel)--> items (widgetcollection) --> etc.....

then you have to move your tabpanel inside another panel which has property "layout" and value as "fit", so the new hierarchy will look like this

dialog (panel) -->items (widgetcollection)-->Main Tab(tabpanel) --> items (widgetcollection) --> tab1 (panel)--> items (widgetcollection) --> etc.....

and at panel use property "title" to set the main title

The look and feel will be different than to normal tab panel obviously as you used panel but hope it will be fine.

Let me know you need more information.

I would also suggest you to refer - http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/output/CQ.Ext.TabPanel.html from more info.

Thanks,

Pawan