There have been various reports of similar problems but nobody has reported a successful fix.
Since it works on most systems, I think it must have something to do with permissions.
- Close elements
- Create a shortcut on your desktop which goes direct to the organizer
- Right click on that shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" (even if you are an administrator)
- When the organizer opens, try Edit -> Contact Book
- Try adding just one new contact and then Exiting out to close the dialog boxes.
- Close Organizer and then start it up as normal to see if the contact is still there.
- If it is, try adding more or editing the first one.
Please let us know what happens so that I can either try to think of something else or stop thinking about it iif it works.