2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 7:54 PM by DawMatt

Import Image tether plugin

purijatin Level 1

Lightroom by default comes up with Canon Tether plugin. Does it provide any SDK, using which we can build our own tether plugin that selectively takes files from an external source (server/folder)?

I could find none on google search.

Primarily, what I am looking for is building a plugin using which I can import files from a folder, once an image is added to the folder. It is the same as tether for camera, just that the image is taken from a folder rather than the camera. Thanks

• 1. Re: Import Image tether plugin
          areohbee Level 5

purijatin wrote:

Primarily, what I am looking for is building a plugin using which I can import files from a folder, once an image is added to the folder. It is the same as tether for camera, just that the image is taken from a folder rather than the camera. Thanks

You can certainly create a new plugin which imports photos from one or more folders as you see fit... - just dunno how that fits in with the Canon Tethering plugin, which you can't modify (can you?), and presumably has no hooks for what you want to do (does it?). I'm admittedly out on a limb here, so take with salt, I just felt compiled to toss in my .02 since nobody else had yet...

• 2. Re: Import Image tether plugin
            DawMatt Level 3

purijatin wrote:

It sounds like what you are looking for can already be done by either the File -> Auto Import menu item of Jeffrey Friedl's Folder Watch plugin.

If you still want to build a plugin, there is no publicly available Tethering SDK so you can't directly mimic the Canon tethering plugin's approach to importing. You can import images using the main Lightroom SDK so you could still implement something like Jeffrey's plugin if you wish.

Matt