7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 10:34 AM by woahnelly

PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.

Van Garmon Level 1

Hello all.

For some strange reason PPro CS6 does not want to start up today.  I have unistalled the program and reinstalled via my Application Manager.  I have performed the updates and rebooted.  I am still having this problem.  There are not 3rd party plugins for it. I have a problem detail list from my "stopped working" dialog box (Windows 7).  It is a Problem Signature and the event is APPCRASH.  Says Fault Module Name: dvamarshal.dll

AE CS6 boots up but only after a minute and then a warning advising that QT is not installed then after another minute I get an error advising Crash in progress <2184><DynamicLink>. Something wrong with my dynamiclinkmanager.exe??

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a thread on that .dll file faulting: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3373965

There might be something useful in it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Are you working in an Admin account or a Guest account?

• 3. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
              Van Garmon Level 1

I ended up contacting Adobe tech support via phone. I had to do the following for both AE and PPro.

Start > Run > %appdata% > Adobe > Premier Pro > 6.0 and rename it.

It seemed to work like normal after I renamed the folder to lets say..... Old6.0.  A new 6.0 folder is created when opening the program again.  This goes with AE and other Suite products if there is trouble.

• 4. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
                Dany_CRo

Hi all, since two days ago, after installing new upgrade for premiere Pro CS6, I have the same problem with error reporting dvamarshal.dll (App. Ver. 6.0.4.0., Fault Module Ver. 6.0.4.9.) I tried to rename dir 6.0 to something else ex. 6.0_old - Premiere create new folder but still reports the same problem. - (error dvamarshal.dll while opening) - Can someone help me with this problem, please ??? (Can I undo the upgrade?) Everything worked perfect before upgrade...

• 5. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
                  Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Dany_CRo,

Thanks for contacting the adobe forums,

We really apologies for the inconviences.

Please provide us following information of the system :

What is the OS and version ?

What is the Graphics Card installed on the system ?

How much Ram do you have ?

Do you use any external Hard Drive ?

Are you using security software e.g. Norton, etc

and

Please check if you have windows defender turned on ?

Regards,

Sandeep

• 6. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
                    Dany_CRo Level 1

Hi all - problem solved. I upgraded Premiere from 6.0.4 to newest version 6.0.5 and I also made like before Admin rights to the .exe file. ("Adobe PremierePro.exe" - Properties-Compatibility-Privilege level/Change settings for all users and check "Run this program as an administrator"). Everything with premiere seams to be perfect now. Thanks.

• 7. Re: PPro CS6 Hanging on Startup - Crashes or stops working.
                      woahnelly

I'm getting the same error after Premiere Pro CC starts up then crashes.

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. I checked the color parameters, took ownership of the files, tried several admin cleaner schemes, uninstalled and re-installed and still it crashes. 

Pre Pro worked fine in the beginning of the trial version except the last time it crashed, so I am peeved right now since I thought that buying the contract would update the program and fix that error. Nope. I don't have days to work on this so I am going to have to uninstall

Could this error "Stackhash Appcrash" have to do with Internet Explorer?

Because this is a brand new giant drive PC I bought just for video editing and it's crashing like this.

Grrr

If you have this problem you might try this -

Here is a Windows 7 and Vista StackHash and Appcrash Fix

1. Click on the Start menu and then go to the Control Panel

2. Click on System Maintenance and then System

3. Choose Advanced System Settings.

4. Under System Properties, select Settings from the Performance section at the top.

5. Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.

6. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.

7. Find the executable file for the application that triggered the error. In Windows 7 and Vista, you can locate your GroupMail executable files (i.e. GMMailer.exe and GMEdit.exe) in C:\Program Files\GroupMail 5.

8. Select the application causing the error and click Open to add it to your DEP Exceptions list.

9. Click OK to save your new settings.