4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 11:26 AM by TimJaramillo

animation breaks firefox only - how to work around this?

gav_long

An example of a half completed animation is http://motorimageworks.com/edgetest/

When viewed in Windows IE Safari and Chrome - the animation runs pretty much as indended/designed in Edge (to date) and but when viewed in Firefox the figures (photo 4) is on all the time and does not animate  - - and it places itself in a position where it was never manually positioned.

The above example is an attempt to rebuild an earlier version and has image 5 removed and all animation for image 4 (the offending one) rebuilt. But despite that things are probably worse for image 4 than previously.

The earler build is here http://motorimageworks.com/edgetestorig/

Appreciate any idea how we may have caused this and appreciate any suggestions how to fix and avoid this problem in the future, thanks.

• 1. Re: animation breaks firefox only - how to work around this?
          TimJaramillo Level 4

Hi gav, if you post your source files, it will be easier for the community to help debug your issue.

• 2. Re: animation breaks firefox only - how to work around this?
            gav_long Level 1

Thanks for the response. Sorry, should have done that in the first place.  The source for both is at  http://motorimageworks.com/edgetest/source/

Just for the record  - in the the following file I removed all animation from the offending bodies pic and attempted to redo it all from scratch - and it made things worse - now has zero animation even compared to the the 'orig file'

Source_to_1st.zip

The earlier 'orig' build may be redundant. There was some messy code attatched to the end of the sequence which I removed on the above - to see if that somehow was causing the problem - it was not.

But I include the 'orig' file  because, at least for a while it exhibited another weirdness which now seems to have gone away  - namely that that the last pic - the audi - did not show up in IE when viewed off the server - whereas it did when the file was previewed on the hard drive. I cant seem to get IE to misbehave on that issue now and it may just be an anomoly - something to do with comcast's caching of the web, perhaps.

appreciated

• 3. Re: animation breaks firefox only - how to work around this?
              gav_long Level 1

Does this look like a bug with Edge code generation?

We have been busy with other stuff so did not work on that animation further.

Failing any suggestions we may resolve to build another animation from the ground up and just hope we dont meet this problem again.

But it would be good to have a handle on what was causing this. Has anyone come acrosss anything similar to this?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: animation breaks firefox only - how to work around this?
                TimJaramillo Level 4

Hey gav, one quick thing you can try is to add a keyframe to turn off the "visible" property for all your slides at the very beginning of your root timeline. Then when you need them to be visible, add another keyframe to turn the "visible" prop back "on". The "visible" property is located at the top right of the Properties panel.

I haven't experienced any issues like this with Firefox in my projects.