3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 5:52 PM by dj_paige

I am not sure where my images live.

CapeTommy2

After I finish using elements to make all these neat albums do the images still remain in dis-array in My Pictures?  or does Elements copy images into another place?  IS there a way to have My Pictures folder be as neat as elements

• 1. Re: I am not sure where my images live.
          dj_paige Level 10

Elements does not move or copy your images (unless you specifically tell Elements to do so). So, the photos are on your hard disk wherever you put them.

IS there a way to have My Pictures folder be as neat as elements

Perhaps you need to think about this a little differently. If you have organized your photos in the PSE organizer, you no longer use your operating system to organize/find/search/browse your photos. From now on, when you want to find a particular photo(s), you use the organization that you spent time to create in PSE. That's the whole point of the PSE Organizer -- it gives you tools that are different, and in my opinion superior, to what you have in your operating system.

• 2. Re: I am not sure where my images live.
            CapeTommy2 Level 1

So I do not ever delete the folders because the PSE just provides the organization shell.  IT wold seem that I would then just minimize the folders to avoid the distraction.

• 3. Re: I am not sure where my images live.
              dj_paige Level 10

All of this is correct. I never look through my folders to find photos. I use PSE to find them, and if I need a specific photo outside of PSE, I use File->Export->As New File to a temporary location.