4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 7:08 AM by David202

Problem installing Elements 8 on new Acer win8 laptop

David202 Newcomer

I have downloaded my old Elements 8 program from the Wacom partners site to my laptops desktop . I still have my keys to unlock and I understand it should be compatable. I deactivated the program on my win7 desktop machine.

When I try and right click to open or run it from the desktop Icon all I get is a list of apps to run it, non of which will open or run the file -(folder) I cannot even choose run as administartor .

is this a compressed file folder? Do I first need to unzip it ?

David

• 1. Re: Problem installing Elements 8 on new Acer win8 laptop
          Jeff A Wright Legend

What are you trying to click on to install the software?  What is the file name?

Only Photoshop Elements 10 and 11 have been tested with Windows 8.

• 2. Re: Problem installing Elements 8 on new Acer win8 laptop
            David202 Newcomer

Jeff,

The file downloads to the desktop titled  adobe- pe8 1.6 GB  with the image of a blank page, no logo or anything else,  ( takes about 8 minutes).It is a file not a folder. and the properties indicate it is indeed 1.6GB

Problem is I cannot go any further to open it, it is not zipped, and there is no choice to 'run' it ,or open an 'executable' to start a setup procedure .Upon double

clicking or right clicking the icon, all I get is "what program do you want to use to open this file" from the computer, and a pop up list many of my loaded programs, non of which a applicable.

According to the Windows compatability site Elements 8 should play nice with Windows 8.

The same thing is happening on my other Win 7 computer so I imagine the whole file is corrupt or not being sent properly by Wacom who still has it on their server in my chosen "bundled software" from when I purchased the Intuos 4 tablet.I might take it up with wacom and see if they might know what's going on.

I have loaded many many programs over the years both as downloads and from CDs, and never experienced a problem like this with any of them.

Thanks, David

• 3. Re: Problem installing Elements 8 on new Acer win8 laptop
              pwillener Legend

David202 wrote:

The file downloads to the desktop titled  adobe- pe8 1.6 GB

This is obviously not an executable file; something must have happened during the download.  The file extension should be .exe, .zip, or 7z.

I suggest that you download the installer from http://technolux.blogspot.jp/2011/02/adobe-direct-download-links-less-akamai.html and use your serial number for the installation.

Make sure that you follow the download instructions some two pages down from the top; the list of download links start some additional two pages down.

• 4. Re: Problem installing Elements 8 on new Acer win8 laptop
                David202 Newcomer

Thanks so much Pat.

I thought there had to be something wrong with the file.

I'll give it a try tonight and see if it is successful!

David