8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 2:20 AM by charanseeram

Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .

charanseeram Level 1

I couldn't able to see myplugin extesnion under file menu of Windows-->Extension of my MAC  while i try to run or debug .

-myplugin.zxp is  provided to my testing team and they are  able to see it under file menu of Window-->Extension   as expected .

-But this is not happening on my mac when i try to run/debug my application  .

Mac      : CS 5.5 and Extesnion Builder 1.5   . (version 7.5.3)

This was the same problem i faced on  windows , seems it was due to the latest updates taken by users  . ...But the problem was solved by changing version from 7.5 to 7.5.3  in  manifest file while Exporting the  build .

- To run/debug i  will revert back version from 7.5.3 to 7.5 after providing the zxp , since my indesign version is 7.5 on Windows system .

Windows  : CS 5.5  and  Extesnion Builder 1.5  .  (version 7.5)

Can some please suggest me or point me something on this .

Thanks ,

Sai Charan

• 1. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
          charanseeram Level 1

And  my  os details  :  1)  Mac OS X : 10.6.8 ,  2) Windows 7 PC

• 2. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
            Yanwen Ju Level 2

Please change the version from 7.5 to 7.5.3. If you changed to 7.5.3, it can also work for 7.5. This is the maximium version. If you change to 7.5, the extension will not be found in InDesign 7.5.

For you case, I guess that your the version of your InDesign is 7.5.3, but the version range of your extension is [7.0, 7.5]

• 3. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
              Harbs. Level 6

Better yet:

Manually edit your manifest to not specify a maximum version at all:

<Host Name="IDSN" Version="7.0" />

(or <Host Name="IDSN" Version="7.5" />)

• 4. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
                charanseeram Level 1

Thanks for Quik reply both ....@ QYanwen Ju  , and @ Harbs ....

I did with both options as mentioned but no luck yet .

Since My Mac OS x 10.6.8 consists of CS 5.5 (7.5.3) i checked with following edits but i couldn't able to see my plugin extension when i run/debug the application in my Flash Builder 4.5 premium .

1)                 <HostList>

<Host Name="IDSN" Version="[7.0,7.5.3]" />

</HostList>

2)              <HostList>

<Host Name="IDSN" Version="[7.5]" />

</HostList>

OR

3)             <HostList>

<Host Name="IDSN" Version="7.5" />

</HostList>

Am i missing something else other than this..  || OR ||  should i uninstall my indesign CS 5.5 and reinstal it which may then hold 7.5 instead of 7.5.3 for my Mac .

• 5. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
                  Harbs. Level 6

Is your extension specific to 7.5, or will it work in 7.0 as well?

If it works in 7.0, try <Host Name="IDSN" Version="7.0" />

That should work in 7.5 too.

You can try trashing your preferences as well as cleaning out old extensions.

• 6. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
                    charanseeram Level 1

@harbs ...... 1) I tried this too..., it is not working to run/debug if i change my manifest file to 7.5.3 and compile .

-  If i place 7.5 || 7.0 and compile (||clean project from flash builder) then i can run/debug , but i couldn't able to see my plugin Extesnion in Windows-->Extension Menu .

-  Environment : Mac OS x 10.6.8 consists of CS 5.5 (version updated recently to 7.5.3 from 7.5) .

2) And about  cleaning out old extensions i pointed out to CS5.5ServiceManger\extensions folder and deleted myplugin folder .

-- restarted the Adobe Extesnion Manager 5.5 and reinstalled the latest myplugin.zxp

-- But still i couldn't able to see my extesnion when i debug it or run it with changes in manfest file for version too  7.5 || 7.0 either both 7.0 && 7.5

Also, Can i  ask the users not to take update for indesign versions for below versions : [since every time i go with new udpdates i face this problem]

--> CS5.5 ( Version: 7.5)  to  (Version: 7.5.3)

--> CS6.0 (Version: 8.0)   to  ( Version: latest/higer)

• 7. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
                      charanseeram Level 1

Am facing another Interrelated  problem with CS6 too -->Issue 2 :

-if inDesign users take update for InDesign Version 8.0.1 [since CS6 version would be 8.0 by default ] Users  Unable to See  myplugin.zxp in Windows-->Extesnion  .

- I Exported myplugin.zxp  using InDesign  CS6 Version 8.0 / Flash Builder 4.5/ Extesnion Builder 2.0 .

- This worked in all below  lowest versions perfectly but not with InDesign CS6 updated Version 8.0.1

Windows 7PC :

1) CS6 -->-- Adobe Extension Manager CS6 Version 6.0.0.412

-- Adobe In Design CS6 Version 8.0

2)CS5.5-->-- Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5 Version 5.5.163

-- Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Version 7.5

3)CS5.5-->-- Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5 Version 5.5.1.019

-- Adobe In Design CS5.5 Version 7.5.3

Mac Operating System :

1) CS6 --> -- Adobe Extension Manager CS6 Version 6.0.0.412

-- Adobe In Design CS6 Version 8.0

-- Mac OS :10.7.4

2)CS5.5--> -- Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5 Version 5.5.163

-- Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Version 7.5.3

-- Mac OS :10.6.8

• 8. Re: Unable to see myplugin in Windows--> Extension File Menu of InDesign while Debugging/ Run .
                        charanseeram Level 1

Currently am managing things as below mentioned ,Please  let me know if my below  understanding is incorrect || if some one holding alternate fix .

" For Dev environment i shouldn't go to the new updates since it might effect debug/run options . While providing the Extesnion builder i just have to make sure that the max target should be always high which works fine for all lower versions too "...

CS6-- manifest file defined ranges are [ min version "7.0" and  max version "8.0.1"] working fine for all versions along with CS 5.5  .

Thanks,