7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2007 1:44 PM by CarolWade

Robohelp 7 tutorials

OlandoCR Level 1
      Hi all,

Could you tell me where I can find RoboHelp 7 tutorials? It seems there is a lack of them.

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          I don't think anything has been published yet. Kevin Siegel is working on a book but that is not published yet.

Maybe some training? You'll need to indicate where in the world you are.

• 2. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
            OlandoCR Level 1
            In my case, I am just evaluating RoboHelp but I don’t know where to start. By now, I am not thinking to pay for learning but if everything goes well definably I will do it.
            Any advice where to start?

Thanks Peter
            • 3. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
              Bit tricky to answer that as for all I know, you could be a certified trainer on a previous version, or this could be your first look at writing any help with any product.

There are two supplied sample projects. On the start page, click Open and then Samples in the ribbon on the right. You could try looking at those. Also take a look at the supplied help.

Without doubt, material will appear but it is early days yet.

• 4. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
                OlandoCR Level 1
                Thanks Peter. Of all Adobe Products I have evaluated this is the first I can not find tutorials. Also the application itself is intimidated the first time you open it, but I hope to get familiar with it. Are there any tutorials about version 6? Where a beginner has to go? I tried the Help but I think it is not the best place to go first.

Regards
                • 5. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
                  On the Start Page there is a link Quick Tour. Follow that. In particular look for John Daigle's Reviewers Guide. Also see the link on the help menu, RoboHelp on the Web.

RoboHelp 6 did have Video Tutorials but you don't have that version. I am not aware of any others.

Bear in mind this is Thanksgiving in the US so perhaps tomorrow people there can add to my replies.

• 6. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
                    CarolWade
                    I have used the Reviewer's Guide, as well as the information in the Adobe blog. (I am still evaluating the Tech Comm Suite for my client. ) I was in the middle of mapping styles before the Thanksgiving holiday. Now I would like to pick up where I left off, but cannot figure out how to access theSettings dialog box except by reimporting the FrameMaker files.

Can anyone point me to this funcitonality?

Thanks,
                    Carol
                    • 7. Re: Robohelp 7 tutorials
                      CarolWade Level 1
                      I've changed my question & started a new topic. Please disregard.

- Carol