4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2007 7:37 PM by MacChic

Create Slideshow Command

MacChic
      The resulting thumbs folder is empty and the html file doesn't show images linked within the page. I checked for Java enabled in all my browsers (and J2SE 5.0, and J2SE 1.4.2 is installed on my computer). All is enabled and configured according to Adobe technical specifications (article ID kb400530). When I opened the HTML file in Dreamweaver and checked browser compatibility, there were no issues reported. What could be the problem?
        • 1. Re: Create Slideshow Command
          Level 7
          MacChic wrote:
          > The resulting thumbs folder is empty and the html file doesn't show images
          > linked within the page. I checked for Java enabled in all my browsers (and J2SE
          > 5.0, and J2SE 1.4.2 is installed on my computer). All is enabled and configured
          > according to Adobe technical specifications (article ID kb400530). When I
          > opened the HTML file in Dreamweaver and checked browser compatibility, there
          > were no issues reported. What could be the problem?

Could you post a URL?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Create Slideshow Command
            heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
            And which Gallery did you use?

h
            • 3. Re: Create Slideshow Command
              MacChic Level 1
              Sorry for the lack of detail. I will try to retrace my steps and hopefully answer your questions (Linda & Heathrowe).

I created the slideshow in my "sites" folder on my .mac site. The path is - file:///Volumes/pixperfect08/Sites/portfolio/index.html and I used the black (Flash) player ( gallery?).

In the Album Properties panel, I have checked "Thumbnail" and it shows up as "undefined". The jpg files are in the folder (portfolio) and I kept all file names short with no spaces and no capitals. Shouldn't I see the actual images in the "preview" area of the Album Properties panel? When I click on the individual files in the "export options" portion of the slideshow dialog, the message shows the the "file is not found".

After looking deeper into my system, the Console app (utility) shows an error that reads: "Adobe Fireworks CS3(2908,0xa000ed88) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x13d07d0; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug". I'll need to check out what this means (any insights are welcome).

I also can't find any information on how to publish this file using Contribute. Does Fireworks talk to Contribute and vise versa? I thought it might, since it was purchased as a suite.

• 4. Re: Create Slideshow Command
                MacChic Level 1
                After comparing FW CS3 on my Mac (OS 10.4.11) [867 PowerPC (1 GB) RAM] with the Windows version of FW CS3 on an Intel CoreDuo [2MHZ Processor with 1 GB RAM] machine, I realized that the app is not fully fuctional on the Mac. I had no trouble displaying the slideshow in the browser using the Windows version. How interesting! I guess I will need to buy my new Mac sooner than I thought! Darn!