5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 12:46 PM by John T Smith

spaghetti programming?

madelefant1 Level 1

Is there a place to vent what a piece of spaghetti programming Premiere Elements 10 for Mac is? My god is this thing a mess.

• 1. Re: spaghetti programming?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, there is a sub-forum, just for that purpose: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/nonresponse?view=discussions

However, before you post there, maybe let us have a crack at helping solve the problems, that you are having. If you could list your system specs., the full details of the footage that you are working with, the Project Preset that you chose at New Project and what you are doing, when you experience the problems, people here might be able to help sort things out.

Now, some of us are PC-only users, so if things get specific to the Mac platform, we will be out of our element, but our MOD, Steve Grisetti runs PrE on both a Mac and a PC, and really loves the way that PrE performs on his Mac. He, and a few others, will be able to directly address Mac-specific issues.

Good luck, and let us try to get PrE up and running smoothly on your Mac.

Hunt

• 2. Re: spaghetti programming?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Or you can contact Adobe.

I'm sorry you can't figure out the software -- but that's no reason to take it out on us, fellow users who happen to really love how it works.

• 4. Re: spaghetti programming?
              madelefant1 Level 1

Steve, i didn't say i couldn't figure it out. One of the most important things in designing usability into software is that conceptual models of use have continuity in multiple areas of the software interface. I was attempting to use a still frame for the main menu of a dvd disc menu. The interface has an option to use a still frame and there is camera tool for capturing a still from the current frame.   The disc menu also has a caption about dragging media into a space for the main menu graphic. I took a snapshot but discovered it did not add it to the media bin nor was there away to drag it or place it in the space for the main menu graphic. I figured out to export it and then browse to insert it.

In other editing areas there is an option to add things to the media bin of the project from newly created media.  Programming into an interface transferable heuristics increases flow and productivity and reduces the learning curve. Lack of continuity of heuristic models to me is "sphagetti" interface programming. It tends to indicate features were added without evaluation of their integration within the other components of the program.

Mike

• 5. Re: spaghetti programming?
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As already said... just users here

Adobe staff sometimes reads/posts in the Premiere Pro forum, but I do not remember ever seeing a "Staff" badge on a post in this forum

The wishform link is the only way I know to send information to Adobe's programmers