11 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2013 1:01 PM by Nitin Gupta aka LP

Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud

justsino

I have been trying to install InDesign CS6 as well as Illustrator and Photoshop since the middle of December.

Each time I try to install something happens where it fails.

It fails from AAM with usually an error of DW050 (i believe that's the correct error).

I downloaded, from the direct link, the install files and ran that installation and it freezes at about 99% complete. Usually I have to do a hard reboot on my computer.

I was on the phone with tech support on Dec 21 for 2 1/2 hours. They tried to remotely install the apps.... same issues. They have not phone me back as the support says they would. I have even posted 2 comments on that report and there has been no response.

I can and have installed Acrobate, Muse, and Lightroom all from AAM.... no problem. Why don't the other apps install? I have CS4 currently on my laptop.

My system:

Macbook Pro

OS 10.8.2

8gb ram

1 Tb harddrive

I am really frustrated with Adobe and there lack of problem solving. Issues similar to mine seem to be common place and yet there seems to not have been any resolutions...at least none that I could find.

I have looked through all of the discussions I could find and tried many things... to no avail. The three main apps I want I can't seem to install.

Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Justina

• 1. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

There's probably leftover crud from the failed installs that needs to be removed. I would suggest running the cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) which will probably also remove any successfully installed components, then reboot and try again. Or call thech support again, give them your case number (or get one) and ask to be escalated. Don't take no for an answer.

• 2. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
            justsino Level 1

I have run the Cleaner tool several times.

I will probably call them again, I just hate the idea of being on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with them again doing the same things they or I have already done.

• 3. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
              peter minneapolis Level 4

justsino wrote:

I have run the Cleaner tool several times.

I will probably call them again, I just hate the idea of being on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with them again doing the same things they or I have already done.

Einstein says doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity. So, to keep sane, when you connect with tech support:

You're right - it's pointless and painful to repeat failed approaches. The value of such failures is to reduce the number of bad approaches, and increase the probability of getting to the ones that work. Also the value of the failures, if they're documented in the case notes, of course, is to inform the tech-support team members of what's been done. That's a no-brainer.

* ask the technician to review the notes on your case..."that's OK, I'll wait until you've seen what's been done already." If you get resistance immediately, INSIST/DEMAND the tech to ESCALATE the call to the tech's supervisor or manager. If the manager tries to evade dealing with you, DEMAND to speak to that manager's manager. Get everybody's full name.

* If the tech is cooperative and reads your case notes, then say, "I don't want to waste your time or mine. If you are not completely familiar with how to fix this problem, please ESCALATE this call to the highest-skilled technician who is skilled and familiar with fixing this problem. I'm not disrespecting you, I'm trying to make best use of your time and mine. I'm sure you have great expertise in other areas, but I need great professional expertise in this area. I'm sure you'd want the same if you were the customer." If the tech stalls, DEMAND the supervisor or manager.

* When you're connected to the next higher-level person, repeat he request that they read the case notes first, then ask them to ESCALATE the case to the highest-level experienced person.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

• 4. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

That doesn't apply to computers. I have done the same thing more times than I can count and still got a different result.

All I can say about this issue is that there is something very specific to that machine. I haven't gone back thru this entire thread but I'd try creating a new user account first and if that doesn't work, blow the whole machine out and reinstall the operating system, especially if the O/S was an upgrade itself.

Bob

• 5. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud

Have you tried installing in safe mode (I believe you can still do that by holding down the Shift key while booting your Mac)?

• 6. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
                    justsino Level 1

Peter...

Yes, I have also tried installing from safe mode. Also tried creating a new user and install from there.

No luck in either case.

-Justina

• 7. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud

I'm afraid I don't have any more ideas. Bob might suggest wiping the system, reinstalling the OS, and then reinstalling the applications. That might work, but it might not if the problem is some other conflicting program you installed before the cloud.

I'd bite the bullet, go back to Tech support, and be obnoxious and persistent until you get to someone who can help you. DO NOT let anyone tell you they will call you back. That's your prompt to demand they escalate you immediatley to the next level, even if you have to stay on hold.

• 8. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
                        BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'll only suggest that if Mountain Lion was an upgrade install from Lion or Snow Leopard. If it came with the machine, I'd be looking for some other problem first.

Bob

• 9. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
                          justsino Level 1

Well still having the issue. I was trying to install the apps on a Hitachi 1TB hard drive and did not have luck. This even after I reformatted the drive.. cleared it of everything, reinstalled the OS and still no luck.

I then put the original 250gb hard drive back into the laptop and was able to install the software on that. What gives?! Why won't it install on my 1TB hard drive?! I need a larger hard drive not a 250gb one.

I'm waiting on a call right from Abobe. I have a feeling they will be trying to do the same thing they have already tried to do.

-Justina

• 10. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
                            Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

For what it is worth, quite a few of us at Adobe have the Creative Suite software installed on MacOS systems with 1TB drives. That in and of itself is not the problem.

Make sure that when you create your disk partition that you don't use the case-sensitive option! That might be the issue.

- Dov

• 11. Re: Trying to install InDesign from Creative Cloud
                              Nitin Gupta aka LP Adobe Employee

Uinstall Adobe Air and try!