well.... it gets worse. The program would only open occasionally to the "edit or organize" window, and then not useable. I've rebooted twice and tried to reload the program. (it requires you remove the old install each time) at the end of both attempts I got a message that part of the program is open and cant continue. NOTHING is open. I cant proceed at this point at all.
1. Close Elements.
2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.
3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.
4. Check now
Thanks for the reply. What I have discovered is that when I close elements, it doesnt close in the Task Manager. Nothing shows as open on the desktop though. So if it's open in the unseen Task Manager, when I clik on the Icon to open it, nothing happens.... as the computer thinks it's already open. So now I have to continually go to the Task Manager to use. I should have got one of the more debugged earlier Photoshop programs I guess. Elements 11 obviously doesnt work too well with Windows 7.
Now, with the Task Manager cleared of all Elements, when I open by cliking on the icon, I no longer get the Welcome Screen.... so I havent been able to try your suggestion..
Now I need to figure out how to report this problem...... arghhh
Welcome screen can be accessed via Help->Welcome Screeen from both Organizer and Editor. There is a setting on welcome screen to bypass and launch either of Organizer/Editor.
- Navigate to this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11
- Hold down ctrl + alt + shift and click on PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe located here.
- Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.
Also would like to know you are closing Editor or Organizer when your PSE gets stucked in task manager. If issue is not resolved do also share your machine/system configuration from Help->System Info from either Organizer/Editor or from my computer->Properties.