• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get my computer to play videos anywhere, help?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Flash, but it still just shows a black box and when I right click it doesn't even acknowledge the presence of a video.  What can I do? What could be the problem? It just happened all of the sudden. I don't know what's wrong. Help!

[Moved to Flash Player forum]

Message was edited by: sinious

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go here to see which flash player version (if any) you have installed:  http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try right-clicking on your Flash Player, go in settings and disable "Hardware Acceleration". That may fix any unsupported or older driver issues forcing it into software rendering mode. If it does you may need to either update or reinstall your video driver or consider getting a new video card (based upon the type of system and age, but it'd need to be 8+ years old to even consider that).

In any circumstance disabling hardware acceleration can fix many Flash issues with unsupported hardware. Although it will limit the size of video you can watch. Videos played via StageVideo (GPU accelerated video) for instance will suffer from this, if work at all. But most major video sites support alternate video playing methods, like YouTube. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines