Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE - Library -NOOK Download

Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ADE with www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions; my computer program list says so. However, when I open the file I don't get the 'Setup Assistant' dialog box . . .  therefore I cannot continue to the activation screen to 'authorize the computer' to download books that I've checked-out of my local library. My local library access code is PL2361 + my 6 digit library card number. I'd like to put the books on my NOOK HD+.  What's befuddling me is that I am able to use ADE to put course reading material from Hillsdale College in the ADE Library to read on the computer.  If I'm not authorized, how does ADE get the college reading material? Is this an ADE problem, a computer problem, a local library problem,  a NOOK problem, or a ME problem? Helllllppppp!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open Adobe Digital Editions from your Start Menu/Window or Applications folder?  If so have you tried dragging the ACSM files downloaded from your library to the Adobe Digital Editions window?   Finaly what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be that the college reading material does not have DRM management, and that they provide .epub (or .pdf) files directly.

These files could then be downloaded, copied and read with no authorization; and indeed no need for ADE at all.

Your library books are probably provided via Overdrive, using Adobe DRM.

In that case, you should find an Overdrive app for your Nook HD+

http://overdriveblogs.com/library/2012/10/02/overdrive-app-comes-to-nook%C2%AE/

With that you can check books out of the library direct to the Nook, and avoid PC/Mac and ADE completely if you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines