1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2013 7:41 AM by Marco Qualizza

IS there a way to sum up or add up checked boxes on forms

SACAPANOM

I have several checked boxes on my forms that I need to figure out if there is a way to add up the number of boxes actually checked

• 1. Re: IS there a way to sum up or add up checked boxes on forms
          Marco Qualizza Adobe Employee

Hello SACAPANOM,

I am going to make some assumptions regarding your question.  Let me know if any of my assumptions are incorrect, or if I can otherwise be of further assistance.

First, I'm going to assume that you are using Single Checbox fields, and not Mulitple Choice fields.  Second, I'm going to assume that you are interested in adding up all of the selected checked boxes for one specific field, and not adding up all of the selected checkboxes for all fields together.

You can accomplish what you want using a SUMIF() expression.  For example, if your Checkbox field is column B, then you can use a formula like: =sumif(@B, true)

The easiest way to use this may be to add a Summary Row, and put the expression in a cell in the Summary Row.  To add a Summary Row, use the icon at the bottom right of the response table, Screen Shot 2013-01-07 at 11.03.35 AM.png.

I hope this helps,

Marco

1 person found this helpful