Exit

E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error:

"Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN"

It occurs whenever I try to open an ACSM (either from the library or from the kobo website).

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deauthorizing, reauthorizing. I have tried disabling my firewall and my virus protector. The error occurs on both my home network and my work network.

I've also tried googling the error, no luck.

Help please! I can't download my books!

(if it's relevant, I'm on windows 7)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps: It used to work. I was able to download both kobo and library books. As far as I can tell, the only thing that has changed on my computer was an AVG update... which is why I tried disabling AVG.

I also tried allowing ADE through my windows firewall... no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did ADE get updated as well at some point?

ADE 2.0 adds some features but seems to have quite a few issues that were not there on the older version.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

also for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

I seem to post the same quite often: I am afraid quite often it doesn't help,

but it does seem to have helped in quite a few situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked!!

Thank you!!

guess I'll just keep the install file for the old version in case I ever need to resinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make clear on what attctually helpped you Ms Holly! I'm am also now getting this error with version 2.0! I found a Download for Version 1.8. I will apply it and update this discussion once you make clear of what actually fixed this problem!

Was it installing the Older Version of 1.7 and then reinstalling 2.0?

or Was it Just Installing 1.7?

Thanks in Advance for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think 1.8 was only ever an alpha version and effectively a preview of V2.0.  If you do go back a version, go back to 1.7.2.

(that's an aside: not trying to answer your question to nsHolly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

It was going back to 1.7.2, which sjpt linked, that worked. I'm just using 1.7.2 now instead of trying to use the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The version 1.7.2 is not available anymore. Only 2.0 and 3.0 is available. But now I'm getting this error. I have tried to uninstall and then install both versions and have also erazed authorization and then reauthorized the computer. But I still get the same error each time I try to download any ebook from my library. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines