• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized buttons

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created new customized buttons in RoboHelp. I want all the buttons to have a rollover state. Although each button is programmed exactly the same, some buttons do not maintain their rollover state. HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LLT1961

I'm assuming you are talking about buttons that you added to a skinned WebHelp system? Where are you not seeing the rollovers? Are you expecting to mouse over a button and see the moused over state, then the state is retained after the button has been clicked? If so, this only happens with the buttons that activate different panes (TOC, Index, Glossary, Search).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, they are skinned new buttons I have added to the WebHelp system. Is there anyway to make it happen so the state is retained? I got a customer comment about this and it would be nice to be able to please them. Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sorry, but the nature of these beasties is that the state is not retained. This is because with the normal TOC/Index/Search/Glossary buttons, the state is retained to show what is currently visible in the navigation pane. For custom buttons, all you will ever see is the rollover state. This is because once you click, the navigation pane doesn't normally change. The buttons only evoke an action, such as loading a topic or opening a URL.

Sorry, I'm unaware of a way to alter the code to make the state persist. Maybe someone super good at JavaScript will jump in here and enlighten all of us.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is something RoboHelp can put on it's wish list...thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Actually, if it's important to you it's probably important to others too. Anyone wishing to see this functionality emerge in a future version should consider advising the developers via the Wish Form. You may visit the form by clicking here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp