2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 8:06 PM by Penny0208

How do I retieve photos

Penny0208

How do I retrieve photos off Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition to include in my new Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 album?? The trial period has long run out an the product is no longer available to purchase? thanks

• 1. Re: How do I retieve photos
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/photoshop-album-starter-edition-support.html

Where are the photos that I imported into Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition?    

Your photos are safe, and are present in the folder on your computer that you specified when importing them. If you used Photoshop Album Starter Edition to import your files from the camera without changing the default folder, look in this folder:

• Windows® XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\My      Documents\My Pictures\Adobe\Digital Camera Photos    
          • Windows Vista®/7: C:\Users\[User      Name]\Pictures\Adobe\Digital Camera Photos

Note: The thumbnail of your photos you see in Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition are copies of your original photos.

If you cannot find your photos in this folder, it is most probably because you:

• Specified another folder during import/Moved your files after import. If you do not remember the location, search for your files using their filenames or filename extensions (for example, JPG, PNG, and so on). 
          • Deleted your photos after import – If you did not permanently delete your files, look for your photos in the Recycle Bin.

Search files in Windows XP   

•     
              Choose Start > Search.

•  

Click Folders, and navigate to the folder that you want to search.

•  

Click Search.

•  

In File Name, enter the filename or the filename extension. For example, if you are looking for jpg files, enter *.jpg. If you are looking for a photo with the name john.jpg, enter john.jpg.

•  

Press Enter.

Search options - Windows

Search files in Windows Vista and Windows 7   

•     
              Open Windows Explorer by going to Start > Computer.

•  

Navigate to the folder that you want to search.

•  

In the Search field, enter the filename or the filename extension. For example, if you are looking for jpg files, enter *.jpg. If you are looking for a photo with the name john.jpg, enter john.jpg.

•  

Press Enter.

Search in vista

• 2. Re: How do I retieve photos
            Penny0208 Level 1

Thanks I have tried this today, but sorry no luck with Windows Explorer and I seem to be missing the part of the path "Application Data"? ( any further suggestions here we are running Windows XP). What I have noticed though is that some of these pictures do also appear in "My Digital Photos" folder but how do I know if all the photos are there? Kind regards Penny